Bamboo is a material with some extreme capabilities and can equal steel for strength.
For this purpose we are discussing Bamboo as broad term the are over 500 types of Bamboo and we cannot cover them all.
|(4 / 5)||(3 / 5)||(3 / 5)||(4 / 5)|
|(1 / 5)||(3 / 5)||(5 / 5)||(5 / 5)|
- Incredibly quick growing and easily renewable
- Good strength to weight ratio
- Almost as strong as steel
- Can be broken down into fibres or weave to make other products after temporary use
- Can be fabricated with hand tools
- Vulnerable to insect and fungal attack after harvesting
- Require maintenance to keep functional
- Does not suit regular joining methods such as bolts or screws due to splitting,
- Comes as poles of varying dimensions
- Can be found in lengths up to 30m
- Can grow up to one meter a day
- Has many by products
There are apparently a thousand uses for Bamboo according to this site which starts to delve into the other applications of bamboo which I will be writing about soon.